Thursday, April 7, 2011

our desk space





We don't have much space in our little apartment, which isn't so bad because, we don't have a lot of things in it. We got rid of most of our "stuff" when we moved to Hawaii. It felt really good not to be attached to things. We kept what we really loved or what we really needed.


Anyways, shortly after moving in to our apartment, we found a very small desk on the curb that we used for our computer. It didn't fit much else and I knew I wanted more space to be able to open my sketchbook and spread out while doing homework or other projects. A week ago we bought a large folding table off craigslist and it has worked perfectly for us. I took advantage of nap time a few days ago to organize it a little, it doesn't look like anything fantastic, but I love it and that's what matters.


Above the desk is a little crocheted decoration I made just to add a little color. It's simple but sweet, and super simple to make. A project like this would only cost you $5 including the crochet hook. I used colored embroidery thread that I bought in a value pack. 


And that basket in the bottom right corner is a "bolga" basket that I bought at Whole Foods Market. I use it to hold diapers and wipes, another little thing to make our bare space lovely.



To wrap up this post, here is a post of me and the hubbs that we took today. I love him so much! 

No comments:

Post a Comment